Friday, March 31, 2017

Apple Stack and Chrome


Apple Stack and Chrome. 6x6, oil on paper

Unfortunately, I've had to cut back on my painting time these past few weeks. I had been maintaining a solid schedule of one or more paintings everyday, but other projects have come up and I've had to cut back to only doing a few a week. I turned out this piece a few days ago and was pleased with out the reflective can turned out. It has a real juicy look that can only be gotten with alla prima painting. 

Besides these daily paintings, I have also been keeping a regiment of drawing from life. I have filled several sketchbooks over the past year of figure drawings and anatomy studies. Hopefully, I'll be able to photograph some of the best of them and I'll post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment